HAZWOPER: Safety Data Sheets in HAZWOPER Environments DVD/USB
As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
But every chemical has different hazards. It is important that employees know how to protect themselves from these hazards, as well as what they should do in an emergency involving a chemical that they are working with.
The answers to these and other important questions about hazardous chemicals can be found on the chemicals' Safety Data Sheets (SDS). The SDS is basically a guide for the safe use of a hazardous chemical. It provides information about handling, storing, transporting and working with the chemical safely. So it is important that employees know how the SDS is organized and where they can find important information on it.
"HAZWOPER: Safety Data Sheets" educate employees about the Safety Data Sheets format and reviews how the information in an SDS can help them work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The importance of Safety Data Sheets when working with hazardous chemicals.
- The SDS's role in the Hazard Communication Standard.
- The advantages of the new SDS format.
- The four basic questions the SDS is designed to answer.
- What is the material and what are its hazards?
- What should I do if a problem occurs?
- What precautions should I take when working with this material?
- Is there anything else I should know about this substance?
- A review of the sections in the SDS.
DVD programs include an easy-to-use leader's guide, as well as a training certificate, scheduling and attendance forms, and an employee quiz
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
14-Day Return Policy. Shipping cost is covered by the customer. Returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee.
RUNTIME & COPYRIGHT
16 Minutes - 2014
Orders placed after 12 pm EST will ship the next business day.